Another first time around the world: the kids learnt to ski in New Zealand.
Why was the day so successful? Because:
- we didn’t have expectations.
- the kids went at their pace.
- we focused on them: we wanted ski, but that was their moment.
- we trusted them and gave them the independence they needed
- we gave them the opportunity to begin with (sometimes that’s all they need)
I find this to be true for any day, any new and any new experience. Trust and follow the child.
Ps. We left 1 year ago to travel the world with only summer clothes, and yesterday we were on snow. Life is unpredictable, huh?